This blog was not made for me to focus on my writing or to improve my communications skills or anything like that. It's just me having a place to jot down my random, scrambled thoughts and upload a few of my photos.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Time

I think this is the first time I've named my post before writing it.

One thing i must say before writing what I really wanted to say: Miley Cyrus is now officially a person to be worried about and prayed for. I watched her new music video I Can't Be Tamed and I was very disappointed in the darkness and weirdness of it. Good-bye childrens' role model, hello tabloid gossip. LATER: I just watched Ke$sha's Tik Tok music video, and that was absolutely depressing. Especially because there are probably so many teenagers that are living that way. HAPPY PLACE HAPPY PLACE.

Basically, I just wanted to stop and rejoice for a moment for having lots of time today, and pretty much the entirety of this week. All last week and the week before, I was scrambling to get out the door before nine, every single day, then I was staying up trying to finish things every night. Today has been quite the opposite.

I got up late (ten - I know some of you don't call that late but I do!), had a blueberry muffin for breakfast, and actually took time to read Sunday's comics. All of them. I don't even remember the last time I last read the whole comics section, not that I really care about them. It's just the luxury of having time to read them that makes me happy about that. I also stayed in my pajamas most of the day, and just loafed around the house in them. My shirt was even inside-out, but there was nobody to see it, so who cared? After breakfast I stretched out on my bed with one of our cats and caught up on my Bible study. For lunch I ate my leftovers from a Mexican restaurant we ate at the other night (my mom was also threatening to throw them away). I was so lazy and so removed from having a schedule that I've had my phone off since seeing a movie sunday night, and only remembered to turn it back on around three this afternoon. This afternoon, I went swimming and running, and then ordered a pizza with my sister for the first time without our parents' knowledge or help (or money), which was quite exciting.

Now you're probably thinking, Amy, if you've had so much time today, then why are you still up at 11:45 PM, writing this? Why didn't you do that earlier? The answer is this: I have no idea. Maybe because I'm lazy and still have a small portion of my Bible study to do before tomorrow, maybe because I had the sudden urge to make a bracelet and just finished making one, maybe because I've been wasting time listening to Idinia Menzel and Willemijn Verkaik singing Defying Gravity on YouTube and I replayed it three times, or maybe it's because somewhow I always find ways to stay up late.




No comments: